Android Auto and Google maps 'GPS not found'

I started using android Auto, and found that with my S8 , google maps would be inaccurate, and not update location, and display 'searching for gps' occasionally.

This turns out to be the power saving feature enabled on the s8, it disables background location checks.  Unfortunately disabling power saving makes me need to find a charger in the middle of the day, and I pretty much get through a full day without needing a charger.

So, I looked at how I can remedy this situation and settled with using Automate to create a workflow, which is triggered when car-mode is enabled.  This workflow then calls a tasker plugin called securetask, which you grant special perms to.  This plugin changes the power state , disabling power saving, so it fixes the problem.  when car mode is exited, it turns powersaving back on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baileys liquor Chocolate Chip and Cream desert

nginx decode base64 url for use with imgproxy

using t1n1wall, opnsense or pfsense on Google Compute Engine GCE