Measureing Gas usage

So, now I need to complete the picture and measure my Natural gas usage (heating and hot water only, no cooking). My system is a potterton HE model, which modulates gas usage , so monitoring the board or burner LED won't work as gas flow is not a constant.

Unfortunately my Meter is outside of the house , on the garden wall, with the gas pipes routed under the path into the house. This means running wires is pretty much impossible. So I would have to do something wireless with batteries, maybe an IR sensor counting the meter turns. Either way, it's going to be expensive and not reliable.

So, I think I will ask my plumber how much he will charge to install a gas meter in the house, in line with the boiler. This is basically to be used as an expensive sensor. This one isn't too expensive, and has a pulsed output that can be read the same way my electricity pulses are measured

http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalog/G4_Gas_Meter_with_Pulse.html

Time to ring my plumber, he needs to fix a radiator anyway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baileys liquor Chocolate Chip and Cream desert

nginx decode base64 url for use with imgproxy

using t1n1wall, opnsense or pfsense on Google Compute Engine GCE